People often have questions before practicing roller skates that is. Is it really safe? The biggest fear for beginners of roller skates is that unwanted injuries occur. When you practice for the first time, you are easily backed up and may fall backwards. That can cause serious injuries to the ankles and back.
To avoid this risk, before beginning the exercise, you bend your knees slightly forward to shift the gravitation forward. If you wear protective gear, when you fall forward, you will not get hurt. I have made countless stunts without injury.
Here are a few tips to help you minimize roller skate injuries especially for women:
- Wear full protective gear, including a helmet, knee protection, elbow protection, and wrist protection. These protectors must be the right size for you. Otherwise, it will not work. Knee protection should be of significant thickness so that when kneeling does not cause discomfort. The first principle is to be fully equipped with protective equipment to avoid injury.
- Tighten roller skates to fit the size of your feet, but do not be too distracted as it will interfere with blood circulation. Finding a right pair of roller skate shoes is also a concern. There are now a variety of roller skate shoes that can be customized to fit your feet, but finding the perfect size for a new pair of roller skates.
- When starting roller skates: Get up and bend your knees down about 120 degrees. Focus the focus forward and slide. In this way, you will not fall backwards.
- When you want to speed up, stand on one leg, start to push the other leg slowly forward. Your speed will increase gradually. Read more: speed skating basic
- You make a few rounds like that and move your legs
- To reduce the speed, use pressure on your outer leg to slow down and not use the foot brake.
- Focus on spinning at high speed
- When you are comfortable, you will start to slide normally and faster.
- You will learn to brake when your confidence is high enough to sit down on the foot brake. When you become an expert you can remove the brakes and use the wheels to back them up. It will be faster than many foot brakes. Foot brakes can interfere when you slide backwards
Here are some tips to keep you safe when you start roller skates. Good luck
Most people associate skating with indoor skating. If you ask “what are the best roller skates I can buy?” you’ll be given a list of indoor skates. For a woman, there are plenty of skating options both indoors and outdoors. Also, even if you primarily take part in indoor skating there will always be that urge once in a while to go outdoors for skating. So why not get yourself a nice pair of outdoor roller skates for women? How to choose women outdoor roller skates?Some of them are so versatile, in fact, that they can be used both outdoors and indoors. To help you with your decision, we got a list together of the best womens outdoor roller skates:
1. Roller Derby Candy Girl Women’s Roller Skate
These great roller skates have some fantastic features that will enhance your skating experience:
- Sold in female sizes. Of course, this is what you should look out for the most.
- A strong and durable aluminum plate with double action trucks for maximum control.
- Top of the range ABEC-5 bearings that will ensure you have a smooth skating experience.
- Durable urethane tires of 66 mm thickness to enhance stability as well as last long.
Price on Amazon: Between $97 and $100
2. Riedell Citizen Outdoor Roller Skates
These are among some of the most durable and trendy women’s roller skates out there. They come in black and white and have a certain noir feeling about them. As far as design is concerned, they are man-made and ideal for the girl who wants a more feminine look to her roller skates while sacrificing none of the performance.
- ABEC-5 bearings (Riedell Kwik).
- 62 mm thick wheels for increased stability.
- Come in medium width for women of shoe sizes 1 to 11.
- Soft boots made from synthetic fiber for extra support.
- Nylon PowerDyne plate with
Price on Amazon: $129 to $134
3. Chicago Women’s Rink Skate
These skates are truly multipurpose and can handle everything from a laidback afternoon skating adventure with the kids to hardcore competition skating on any surface.
- Comfortable high top boots to provide extra support for your ankles.
- Thick urethane tires with fantastic traction that are guaranteed to last through your roller skates lifespan.
- An aluminum base plate with a fully adjustable truck ensures you can turn on a whim.
- The roller skates are entirely man made, ensuring top quality.
Price on Amazon: $50 to $160 with a 30 day warranty.
4. Riedell Skates Dart Roller Skate
These are some pretty trendy ad cute looking roller skates. They even a purple pair! You can choose from their wide range of colors and find something you fancy as opposed to sticking to a binary black or white choice that you’ll find with many other models.
- The roller skates are man-made for top quality.
- They have a thrust nylon plate for easier turning and higher levels of control.
- 62 mm urethane tires with hubs that match the color of the boot.
- They feature toe stops for easier breaking.
Price on Amazon: $100 to $150
These are some of the best women’s outdoor roller skates you’ll find out there. And they are all available on Amazon at affordable prices. Get yourself one today and enjoy the great outdoors.
If you are interested in best inline roller skates, look here!