People often have questions before practicing roller skates that is. Is it really safe? The biggest fear for beginners of roller skates is that unwanted injuries occur. When you practice for the first time, you are easily backed up and may fall backwards. That can cause serious injuries to the ankles and back.
To avoid this risk, before beginning the exercise, you bend your knees slightly forward to shift the gravitation forward. If you wear protective gear, when you fall forward, you will not get hurt. I have made countless stunts without injury.
Here are a few tips to help you minimize roller skate injuries especially for women:
- Wear full protective gear, including a helmet, knee protection, elbow protection, and wrist protection. These protectors must be the right size for you. Otherwise, it will not work. Knee protection should be of significant thickness so that when kneeling does not cause discomfort. The first principle is to be fully equipped with protective equipment to avoid injury.
- Tighten roller skates to fit the size of your feet, but do not be too distracted as it will interfere with blood circulation. Finding a right pair of roller skate shoes is also a concern. There are now a variety of roller skate shoes that can be customized to fit your feet, but finding the perfect size for a new pair of roller skates.
- When starting roller skates: Get up and bend your knees down about 120 degrees. Focus the focus forward and slide. In this way, you will not fall backwards.
- When you want to speed up, stand on one leg, start to push the other leg slowly forward. Your speed will increase gradually. Read more: speed skating basic
- You make a few rounds like that and move your legs
- To reduce the speed, use pressure on your outer leg to slow down and not use the foot brake.
- Focus on spinning at high speed
- When you are comfortable, you will start to slide normally and faster.
- You will learn to brake when your confidence is high enough to sit down on the foot brake. When you become an expert you can remove the brakes and use the wheels to back them up. It will be faster than many foot brakes. Foot brakes can interfere when you slide backwards
Here are some tips to keep you safe when you start roller skates. Good luck